Friends Of Somers Park
Friends of Somers Park - FOSP
Somers Park has a large and enthusiastic parent body that is keen to support the school. FOSP provides a focus for parental involvement and supports the wider activities of the governing body. Our stated aims are to encourage and advance the education, enrichment and well-being of the children at the school.
FOSP is about much more than simply fundraising. The group exists to provide closer links between home and school and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal. It is fun too - just ask any of the FOSP members.
Our motto is "Do Different" - an aim that embodies the varied and enthusiastic approach that Somers Park School takes in its daily life. We aim to support the school in engaging pupils and enriching their time at the school by providing funding for a range of activities that support the wider education programme and provides enjoyment and interest to participants.
FOSP has been awarded a Good Practice Gold Award by the National Confederation of Parent Teacher Associations (NCPTA). This award has been made in recognition of the following areas: good governance, relationship with the school, relationship with parents and financial management. As a newly established group, we are thrilled to have achieved this award for good practice.
All parents and members of the school community are encouraged to get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available.
Please find available for download below the most recent minutes and reports.
- FOSP AGM October 2016 minutes
- FOSP treasurer report 2015 16
- FOSP minutes March 2017
- FOSP Update May 2017
- FOSP Chair s report 2017
- Chair s Annual Report 17 18
- FOSP Fundraising Programme 18 19 v
- launching a lottery printable
- how it works digital
- Cake Sale A5 SP inc allergies 09102019
- Xmas cards FOSP 17102019
- FOSP Committee Meeting Minutes 02 07 19
- FOSP AGM Reports 04 10 18a
- FOSP minutes Oct19
- FOSP AGM Minutes 03 10 19
- FOSP Sponsorship and Gift Aid declaration form Nov 19
- FOSP Lets Get Active Nov 19
- FOSP Disco letter 15 Nov 19
- FOSP newsletter Nov 19
- FOSPMV newsletter 18.11.19
- FOSPMV Christmas Raffle 2019
- FOSP Christmas event letter19
- KS1 film night 2020 FOSPMV
- KS2 film night 2020 FOSPMV